Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Unemployed Christmas Part 1

So I have had to be a bit creative with my decor and gift giving this year. Last night, I got bored, or in other words: I didn't want to do the massive mountain of dishes in my sink, so I decided to make a Christmas display out of stuff I had laying around. Here it is:



Do I love it? A little bit. And if you know me well, you know that if I love it a little bit, that means I will decide I hate it next week and turn it into something else, but for this week I kind of love it. Maybe I don't love the bow... I should have learned to tie bows.

The nitty gritty:
  •  I used a free background from shabbyprincess.com and just put a white window with the words on top of it in gimp (that's photoshop for those of you with money to buy the real program,) and printed these pics straight to regular paper. 
  •  Then I used a piece of wood I dumpster dived last week and cut it to size for the different pieces of paper. 
  • I sanded and painted them, and mod podged on my papers. 
  • I displayed them with fake snow I got from a garage sale last year and I am pretty sure my 3 year old is eating it right now. "I love to eat snow, mommy." Wonderful

This project is SO easy (as long as you have stolen your father-in-law's saw.) Now if only these blocks would do my dishes...

1 comment:

  1. Erika! I was trying to find your email to thank you for the sweet comment you posted on my blog! Thank you! I hope this gets to you... you probably already know this, but did you know that you are a "no-reply" comment blogger? If you want to change that so people can respond to your comments via email, just shoot me a line and I will tell you how to do it! Thanks again for your sweet comment!!

    ReplyDelete